Salem Hospital is currently seeking Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) professionals to join our OR team!
Salem Hospital is a MagnetŪ-recognized facility and has received the Beacon Award twice, ranking us among the top 5% of hospitals in the U.S. In our 18 Operating Rooms, you are not limited to one specialty area, but rather a broad spectrum including, but not limited to open hearts, a strong orthopedic/ neuro focus and retinas. Approximately 13,000 surgeries are performed annually in our Surgical Services Department.
We are looking for a strong team player skilled in superior customer service. They must have a "can do attitude", be highly reliable and posses extraordinary phone etiquette. If you have the ambition and desire to produce results of service excellence to patients, and to achieve a culture of excellence, this may be the opportunity for you to do what you love and love what you do!
Join our Surgical Services team in a fast -paced environment and welcome the opportunity to assist in the delivery of care of patients requiring surgical intervention. Primary responsibilities are to scrub for surgical cases, prepare operating room for the day's procedures, ensuring a safe, sterile and efficient operating room environment. Is able to anticipate the needs of the surgical team, has dexterity in passing instruments, strong technical ability, and sound judgment, along with good stamina and a positive attitude. Maintains a clean, safe work environment, which is conducive to the provision of quality patient care and the enhancement of staff morale. Provides patient services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
Salem Health is looking for the following demonstrated strengths as defined by the Gallup Organization:
- Service: A drive to be of service to others.
- Ethics: A clear understanding of right and wrong which guides your actions.
- Responsibility: A need to assume personal accountability for your work.
- Problem Solving: An ability to think things through with incomplete data.
- Empathy: An ability to identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- Team: A need to build feelings of mutual support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Adaptability with high tolerance for ambiguous work situations
Must be a team player and have proven success applying a team approach to obtain resolution to an issue or successfully accomplish a goal
A compassionate and caring personality motivated by an opportunity to provide meaningful assistance to patients
A positive "can-do" attitude that finds solutions to "unsolvable" problems
Ability to work in a close collaborative environment with other team members
A drive to be of service to others and have the initiative to help and go the extra mile
An ability to think things through objectively and find solutions to issues when they arise.
An ability to identify feelings and perspective of others
Current clinical skills in the Operating Room
Must have the ability to scrub a variety of surgical procedures
- Certification is required within 180 days from Date of Hire. For eligibility & exam requirements, please visit the National Board of Surgical Technologist and Surgical Assistants at http://www.nbstsa.org/. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be currently certified or eligible to sit for the certification exam (which means you have already received eligibility from NBSTSA.)
- Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Ability to work "on-call" as scheduled.
- Completion of a surgical technician course is desirable.
- One (1) year prior Surgical Technologist experience working with a wide variety of surgical specialities and prior scrubbing experience is preferred.
- Ability to safely lift, pull, and turn a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted and over 100 pounds with assistance; bend, stretch, and reach to accomplish duties.
- Adequate visual and hearing ability to read and perform nursing procedures safely
- Manual dexterity adequate to perform skills and procedures to assure safe patient care
- Must be flexible and able to rotate standby, weekends and holidays.
Unscheduled means on-call basis and not benefits eligible. Unscheduled employees are required to work at least two shifts per month, however, Salem Hospital cannot assure a set schedule or hours per week.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.