!!! 3 OPEN!!!
Salem Health is currently seeking experienced OR Staff Nurse professionals to join our Surgical Services team!
Delivering the highest level of healthcare quality is essential to the vitality of our community. we accept nothing less than creating a culture of excellence—integrated into everything we do. Now’s your chance to join our Surgical Services department.
It’s an opportunity to work with dedicated professionals in a quality hospital where we consider our department a "family" and enjoy a fun work environment.
Our unit consists of twelve operating rooms focusing on major surgeries with complete physician, nursing and state-of-the-art equipment services for cardiac and open heart and endovascular surgery, urologic and general surgeries including bariatric (Center of Excellence) services, orthopedic, neuro spine and brain, and trauma surgery.
Don't miss this chance to have the opportunity to provide peri-operative care of the surgical patient based on the nursing process. Your responsibility begins with the preoperative assessment and continues until the post-operative assessment and report is given to the appropriate person. Additional responsibilities include performing all the duties and functions of an operating room Circulating Nurse and Scrub Nurse and have a working knowledge of aseptic technique. Provide the nursing care needs of patients receiving anesthesia and provide support to anesthesia personnel as needed. Assess, plan, coordinate and render skilled nursing care to patients in all areas of the hospital or home health environment. Work with a multidisciplinary team to formulate and administer treatment plans; administers medications, IV's, evaluates outcome, interprets diagnostic data, resuscitates patients, and documents care in patient charts. Educate patient and family relative to treatments and provisions provides support, education and facilitation for patients to meet goals. Oversee, delegate and evaluate the delivery of patient care provided by lower level practitioners. Maintains supplies and assures cleanliness of area.
We are looking for a strong team player to join the unique camaraderie among professionals at Salem Health and share the focus of being the first choice for those seeking healthcare. They must have a "can do attitude" and be highly reliable. If you have the ambition and desire to deliver results of service excellence to patients, and to achieve a culture of excellence, this may be the opportunity for you to do what you love and love what you do!
Salem Health is looking for the following demonstrated strengths as defined by the Gallup Organization:
- Service: A drive to be of service to others.
- Ethics: A clear understanding of right and wrong which guides your actions.
- Responsibility: A need to assume personal accountability for your work.
- Problem Solving: An ability to think things through with incomplete data.
- Empathy: An ability to identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- Team: A need to build feelings of mutual support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability with high tolerance for ambiguous work situations.
- Must be a team player and have proven success applying a team approach to obtain resolution to an issue or successfully accomplish a goal.
- A compassionate and caring personality motivated by an opportunity to provide meaningful assistance to patients.
- A positive "can-do" attitude that finds solutions to "unsolvable" problems.
- Ability to work in a close collaborative environment with other team members.
- A drive to be of service to others and have the initiative to help and go the extra mile.
- An ability to think things through objectively and find solutions to issues when they arise.
- An ability to identify feelings and perspective of others.
- Ability to safely pull and turn a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted and more than 100 pounds with assistance: bend, stretch, and reach to accomplish duties.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain a current RN license through the State Board of Nursing prior to date of hire.
- Must possess a minimum of one (2) year experience circulating in the main OR.
- Scrub experience desired.
- Ability to work "on-call" as scheduled.
- BSN from an accredited nursing program
- Experience in General/ Urology/GYN surgery, Bariatrics and Robot experience is a plus
Unscheduled means on-call basis and not benefits eligible. Unscheduled employees are required to work at least two shifts per month, however, Salem Hospital cannot assure a set schedule or hours per week.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Salem Hospital is not able to support VISA sponsorships.