Salem Health is a not-for-profit regional health system in Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley that includes Salem Hospital, along with West Valley Hospital, a critical-access hospital; Willamette Health Partners (medical group comprising primary-care and specialty practices), and other affiliated healthcare organizations. Salem Hospital, a Magnet®-recognized facility, is a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Our hospital is licensed for 454 acute care beds, and is guided by a 15-member volunteer Board of Trustees. The hospital is the city of Salem's largest private employer, with approximately 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Salem Health is seeking a dynamic, experienced, team-oriented and quality focused Surgical Business System Analyst to join our team of professionals in our OR Department!
The Surgical Business Systems Analyst performs a variety of duties, including but not limited to, report writing, data and financial analysis, project management, SharePoint maintenance, database application administration, forms creation and maintenance, and back-up coverage to Surgery Business manager.
· Report writing using various application report writing tools.
· Data and financial analysis.
· Share in administrative and productive role over SharePoint design, use and users.
· Act as administrator of surgical services specific software applications including maintaining users, roles, set-up codes, reports, etc.
· Create and maintain fillable forms and templates using Word, Adobe, SharePoint and other tools.
· Communicate to Op Time IT support to maintain physician database including privileges and surgery locations; new users and roles; new procedures; any other database maintenance needed.
· Lead Op Time Steering committee for continuous requests for system changes, workflow changes, and new data such as procedures.
· Seeks out continuous improvement opportunities in workflows, application use, etc.
· Acts as super user for training others on Op Time.
· Back-up coverage to Surgical Services Business Manager Role
· Other Duties as assigned
Salem Health is looking for the following talents as defined by the Gallup Organization:
Service: A drive to be of service to others.
Ethics: A clear understanding of right and wrong which guides your actions.
Responsibility: A need to assume personal accountability for your work.
Problem Solving: An ability to think things though with incomplete data.
Empathy: An ability to identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
Team: A need to build feelings of mutual support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· There are many internal and external customers requesting information; therefore, good customer service skills and organization and prioritization skills are important.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
· Ability to lead work of others.
· Knowledge of surgical procedures.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in IT or Finance.
· Minimum of three (3) years in database management, report writing and/or Financial Analysis required.
· Prior hospital, medical and/or surgery experience preferred.